Only two more workdays until my long week off (working a bridal show on Sunday…perfect). Lately I have been feeling majorly burnt out. Im not focused and extremely irritated. I think its because I havent truly had a break from everyday.
Because of this annoying behavior, I have slacked off in EVERYTHING. I havent worked on a project, Im not keeping my house clean, my eating has been extremely lazy, and running…hahahah. All signs leading to burn out.
This week I have been doing some thinking about how to make life better. What little changes can I make to improve my everyday? How can I stop feeling so blah?
Matt and I have a wedding to save up for. And a house. And this. And that.
- we are going to switch cell phone carriers and with this switch we will end up saving $1200 a year together. Can you believe that? Are we really wasting that much money on a cell phone that sucks?
- we are starting a weekly cash system. Every week we plan to pull money out of our accounts to pay for things that are not autopay. Once the cash is gone, its gone. This includes things like eating out, projects, fun things, groceries. This does not include car payment, rent, insurance, cell phone.
Matt and I have a wedding coming up in nine months and have you seen my sad state of affairs? I have had severe body issues lately to the point of obsession. I weighed myself the other day and I was extremely disappointed in myself. It took four years, but I gained all of my weight back that I lost.
- while I really want a local training buddy to train with me, my long distance bff and I are going to push each other to work out. Normally I love working out and running, but with how things are right now, I need a boot off the couch.
- I wrote out a training plan to possibly run the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving. I want to sign up, but lately I have been such a commitment-phobe with big races. I have had two races that I could not start because of injury or stress and I dont want to sign up for something and have to bail. I just dont know what I want to do.
Lets talk about those body issues. Its so consuming. I am uncomfortable all of the time and I know exactly what the culprit is….portion control. We have worked on cleaning up our eating and have made a lot of great changes, but when I am home I struggle.
- I think tomorrow I am going to work on a meal plan for two weeks. We grocery shop twice a month, so instead of spending all the time planning a month ahead, I am going to take it two weeks at a time.
What have you done to make your situation better?
Any budgeting tips? Running tips?
Any plans for the weekend?