So basically the past month has been nothing but crazy insanity in my life. I dont remember the month going by and I certainly wouldnt want a repeat of it.
So post Peachtree:
- My birthday I had to work. It started as a pretty good day and I wasnt going to let anyone or anything bother me. It ended pretty crappy. A few of my out of town coworkers came into town for our show and we went to dinner and I was in bed semi early because there was no turning back and no rest in the near future.
- Most of the month I spent moving in a haze. If you didnt know, I work for a company that produces tradeshows. My biggest show was this month and its also one of the hardest shows we have. This show was the most difficult show I have ever done because things were made personal and not in a good way. I make a rule for myself of no crying because at the end of the day the show will go on. Exhibitors, for the most part, will be happy. It will be hard, but I know I do a good job. Because it ended up getting personal, I boohooed in my office in front of coworkers. I was at a breaking point. In fact, I am still there.
- Want to know something? It was the best show our company put on. Not sure why there had to be so much stress then.
Enough work talk
- I miss running. I was talking to a friend who also ran her first Peachtree this year and she is hooked onto running. I am hoping we can come up with a fall running schedule.
- At the end of the month, Matt and I are cancelling our gym membership because its just too much money. He also gets a discount at another gym through work. Without my gym, I need to figure out another way to get into shape.
Onto bigger news….
- Like I said yesterday, if you are friends with me on Facebook you already know.
MATT AND I ARE ENGAGED!! It is still very surreal for me. I am so happy and so excited!
Obviously if you follow me on Pinterest, you know I have been planning something for sometime. My friends joked that the day he asked, all I would have to do is hit a button and it would be planned. While this is true for the most part, I am a little overwhelmed about the planning process. So far we have set a budget and picked a time frame to have the wedding. Oh and this wedding will be 98% DIY.
I am so excited about this new chapter we are about to start. But if you have ANY tips or advice to share, I am here!